A $10 membership fee for service connection is required for all consumers choosing to join North Central Electric Cooperative. The $10 membership fee is refunded when the member moves off the North Central system.
Consumers must pay a $155 deposit* to receive electric service from the cooperative. A $205 deposit* is required for consumers considered “all electric.”
* The deposit will be held by the cooperative for a period of two (2) years. After the two-year period, the entire deposit, plus 3 percent annual interest, will be refunded to the consumer, provided the consumer has maintained a good credit rating with the cooperative. A good credit rating shall mean that the member has not been delinquent in paying his/her bill more than once in the most recent 12-month period.
Meter Fees & Charges
A $38 Trip Charge will be assessed to the consumer for the following:
- Collection and/or disconnection trip.
- Customer requested meter reading.
- Delinquent service reconnect during regular business hours
- Reconnect or disconnection of service for a consumer with multiple accounts at one location. ($38 trip charge plus $12 for each additional meter)
- Delivery of returned mail - only when it is the third time.
- The meter reading charge may be waived if the member agrees to have automatic meter reading equipment installed at the time of the meter reading.
A $100 Overtime Charge will be assessed to the consumer for service reconnection after regular work hours.
- Calls received between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. (normal weekdays)
Calls received between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. (weekends and holidays)
Meter Test (at consumer’s request)
The consumer is required to pay $38 to pay the test fee before the test is done.
If the meter is in error more than two percent then the Meter Test fee will be returned.
The meter test fee will be waived if the meter had not been tested within the previous 10 years.
Service fee, $18 plus bank charge.
Trip charge, $38.
Unauthorized Electricity Use
- Estimated electric use plus damages and administrative costs.
Minimum charge, $350.
Security Light Installation Charge
No charge for pole and materials on existing pole.
No charge for security light installed on an existing cooperative pole.
Deliver and set for each additional pole required, $100.
If an additional pole is required, its location must be in a serviceable area. (i.e. within 20 feet of a drive)
No light will be installed on a consumer’s pole for liability and safety reasons.
The installation of security light equipment other than the 150-watt metal halide style security light normally provided by the cooperative is subject to possible added installation charges to accommodate the difference in equipment and material cost.
- Rental charge, $11.Additional rental charge information.
- Security Light Application
Repair of Consumer’s Equipment on an Outage Call-Out
Cost, $125 minimum.
- Materials used, charged at cost, plus 30 percent.
Consumers will be informed during the initial call that if the problem is located on the consumer’s side, then they may receive a bill for the outage crew’s time.
The availability and scheduling of a line crew to make repairs for a consumer is subject to the Operations Manager’s discretion.
The actual cost of the permit is assessed to the consumer.
Cooperative-owned Street and Security Light Repair
The cooperative will charge the cost of material plus 30 percent for any street or security light that has been determined to have been “shot” out or deliberately damaged.
No charge for normal repair and/or replacement.