Welcome to North Central Electric Cooperative
North Central Electric Cooperative, Inc. is a member-owned, member-controlled nonprofit electric distribution utility located in Attica, Ohio. North Central Electric is one of 24 electric cooperatives in Ohio.
Read more News Center articles.
St. Bernard School receives People Fund grant towards new windows and PA system
June 27, 2012
St. Bernard School in New Washington received a $3,000 North Central Electric Cooperative People Fund grant to help with the purchase of replacement windows and a new public address system.
Principal Susan Maloy said, "The school is in dire need of replacement windows for the downstairs. Not only are snow and rain coming into the classrooms, but also unwanted insects."
Maloy added the upstairs windows of the original building were replaced last fall with money raised through donations, fundraisers and other contributions.
"We are also in need of a new public address system, due to teachers not having the ability to hear multiple announcements throughout the day on a constant basis," said Maloy.
Maloy said she requested a service call from the manufacturer of the current system and it was determined the system was installed prior to 1970. "As he tested various parts of the system, we both heard an excessive amount of static.
"I can't thank the North Central People Fund enough for its generosity with this grant," Maloy said.
Additionally, the People Fund assisted seven other applicants:
- $2,000 grant to Buckeye Central Local School District for the purchase of Netbooks;
- $2,000 grant to Camp Fire USA - Camp Glen to help with the purchase of poles for a high ropes course;
- $2,500 grant to Eden Township Trustees to help with the dugout construction at the Melmore ball fields;
- $2,000 to the Golden Gem Senior Center to help with the residing of the building;
- $1,000 grant to Harpster United Methodist Church to help with the replacement of the roof;
- $1,100 grant to New Riegel Schools to help with the purchase of iPads and a MimioPad;
- $1,000 grant to Sycamore United Church of Christ to help with the purchase of a chair lift.
To date, the People Fund has assisted 320 applicants totaling $584,219.60. To inquire about a People Fund application, contact the Member Services Department at 1-800-426-3072.